Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School 2008-2009




Miss B is entering her senior year of high school, Lil Miss A is a third grader, and Master K is in the 9th grade. For the first time in several years I do not have a child in each of the 3 schools in the district.

The elder two were both tense this morning, keyed up about how the year would start off. The little one was keyed up too, but for the opposite reason: She couldn't wait to go to school! I almost had to tie her down to keep her from leaving the house before 8:10, the absolute earliest I would let her leave. We rode our bikes to school together and she zoomed into the building and bounced off the walls a few times on her way to her classroom. School is so great. :o) I'm not one of those moms who can't wait for her kids to go back to school in the fall. I admit enjoying the quiet house, but it's really TOO quiet. I miss the kids! Yet Lil Miss A's enthusiasm is infectious, and I found myself with a giant grin on my face, watching her bouncing into her classroom, anxious to learn.

Her teacher this year was Master K's teacher in 3rd grade (I think it was 3rd) as well, so we know her pretty well, plus she is the daughter-in-law of our kitty-corner neighbors, so she feels like family for that reason. That's life in a small town!

No comments: