Monday, July 14, 2008

A "duh" thing I have just learned

At 46 I finally learned something most of you probably knew from childhood: Praying for people makes you love them more.

I have been making more of a commitment to pray for my loved ones daily. I go down the list of people in our extended family and our friends, and talk to God about them and their needs, the needs I know about, and the ones only He knows about. And I am finding myself loving them more as a result. It's not a reason to pray for those I love, it's just an added fringe benefit, I guess.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow. So much said in so few words.
Thanks.

Needled Mom said...

And a lovely fringe benefit it is! There are so many who need prayers.

StitchinByTheLake said...

You know what else? I've found that if I pray for people I really don't like I begin to like them more. Not love, I won't go that far. But a step in the right direction! God does funny things that way. :) Blessings, marlene