Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scoring big at The Way Station

I love my new job. I LOVE my new job. There is one teeny little drawback, though, and that's not getting to go to The Way Station any day I want to. So I went this morning. They recently remodeled, enlarging the store with the former theater space, and it's airy and welcoming and not claustrophobic anymore. It's great.

I found a bunch of career blouses in my size. Somebody must have been cleaning out a closet. This was NICE STUFF! I'm so excited! Also someone with large feet must have gone through her shoe collection, because I got two lovely pair of leather loafers, one brown, one cordovan. The brown ones are size 12s but still fit me nicely. The others are 10 M and also fit me. I usually buy 11s. So this was a little out of the ordinary. Anyway, great shoes for work! For two bucks a pair!

I also scored some terrific old dress patterns. Look at these babies.

 Can't you see Betty  Draper wearing this little number?



I just love that #1 view blouse with the pleats on the collar.

I want a dress like this. I really do.

I never find patterns that will fit me without a ton of alteration, so I usually just scan the covers and then sell the patterns. I do keep a few.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Nice finds. I like all the patterns. You had a good day for sure!

Mrs. Mac said...

Hum .. just what decade are the bare midriff/back patterns from? Good score .. I'm sure you can sell any you don't use.

Felisol said...

I think I could survive nicely on my small wages if I lived near by an American thrift store.
Wow, these are low prices.
In my Mom's attic there must be heaps of Simplicity patterns.

I coulndn' t dream of wearing any of those slim line dresses now. My body is too bumpy for that. I like they war dress with the simple slimming lines. That must be transferable into greater sizes.
And here's to the elegance of Dior's New Look and the swagger from the late 50ties. Swaggers were for teenagers and Mums to be.

I love it when old memories are being reopened.