Friday, December 15, 2006

Quote for Church Treasurers

I don't know if I have mentioned this, but I am the treasurer of St. Peter's and have been for nearly 3 years now. They entrusted this important job to a newbie because nobody else wanted it.

I was talking to my parents about church financial matters in general and St. Peter's specifically, and Mama told me of a quote that is on the wall of the office at Maplewood Covenant Church where Beth Immanuel's council of elders holds most of its board meetings.

It is attributed to Hudson Taylor, and it reads, "God's work done God's way will never lack God's supply."

It is a beautiful statement and I plan to print it out and give it to the Council members at our next meeting. If we are urgently seeking the will of God in our spending, how can we go wrong? He is never wrong.

No comments: