Monday, January 02, 2006

Movie Goer's Revenge

Heading off to see the Chroni(what?)cles of Narnia tonight, Barry had a brilliant notion: Popcorn bags activated not on microwaves, but on cellphone transmissions.

It'd be such sweet justice: The more obnoxious movie patrons are yappin on their cellphones, the more your popcorn pops up fluffy and delicious. In fact, if you were sitting right next to a yapper, you could hold your bag up next to the phone and it'd really take off.

UPDATE THE NEXT MORNING: How was the movie? It was great. ("Gweat," said Little Miss A sleepily from her carseat on the way home.) I cried and I cried and I cried. And then I cried again. And then I got teary. And then I cried some. But don't mind me; that's the mark of a good movie, in my opinion. I cried most when the White Witch's filthy minions mocked Aslan and stripped him of his royal mane, when he went willingly to the table rock to be the innocent sacrifice for a sinner. I completely fell apart.

Yes, by all means, go see it.

And remember, He's not a tame Lion after all.

No comments: