Friday, March 23, 2007

Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe - Yummy!

I'm cooking beef back ribs for supper tonight. I found a recipe for homemade barbecue sauce on Cooks.com and made a few small alterations, and this sauce is soooo good I keep sneaking spoonfuls of the sauce reserved for basting. Here it is.

1 c. chopped onion
1 tsp. instant minced garlic
1/4 c. oil
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1 c. tomato paste
2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 c. white vinegar
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke flavoring
2 tsp. salt

Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Add mustard, tomato paste, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, liquid smoke flavoring and salt and simmer about 15 minutes.


The recipe said to strain the sauce after you simmer it, but I couldn't bear the thought of throwing out all those lovely onions, so I left them in. I bet you could throw the works in a blender if you wanted it smooth and yet oniony.

No comments: