Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sleepwalking scare

Last night everyone was in bed but Barry by around 10:30. I was in bed, dozing off, when I heard Lil Miss A come out of her room and head down the hall toward the bathroom. I called to her but she didn't answer (not unusual).

A few minutes later I heard a child crying outside. It woke me up and I jumped out of bed to go check if a child was lost outside in the cold and dark. Just then our back door opened and in walked Lil Miss A, crying. She was confused and didn't know where she had been or why.

We checked her over and made sure she was warmly dressed for bed. The only thing she could tell us was that she thought she had been playing in the rain.

I'm so thankful she woke up before she had been out there for long and that it was not a bitterly cold night. Still, she would not have lasted long in the 30-degree temperatures.