Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Edible Cat Toys, a.k.a. Homemade Pasta


One of the (many) great things about working from a home office is being able to actually accomplish something on one's lunch break. Today I made lasagna noodles. Barry has been craving lasagna, and we have all the ingredients except the noodles, so I broke out my Atlas Marcato pasta roller and made these over my lunch hour.

Every once in awhile I think I should just get rid of that pasta maker, because I don't use it very often, but when I do take the time to make homemade noodles, I'm so glad to have it. It is great fun. Remember the Play-Do Fun Factory? This is a Fun Factory for grown-ups.

This pasta dough was of the simplest possible, just flour and eggs.

I remember my grandma making noodles on the kitchen table. If I remember right, she dried them over the back of a chair. Around here, there are too many intensely interested critters to dry noodles anywhere that easy to reach! These that I just made are hanging in a doorway. Even though I thought I was being watchful, I was still surprised at one point by a black paw darting over the edge of the work surface trying to snag a noodle while they were in process.

Now the hanging noodles are encouraging some rather ungraceful leaping about by two cats, at least one of whom can certainly use the exercise.

No comments: