On a whim (or maybe a desperate desire to see something growing), I got my sprouting jar out and sprouted about a cup and a half of wheat berries over the course of a couple of days. I'm letting a small portion of them continue to grow in a windowsill so that we have wheat grass for salads, but the rest went into bread dough for 3 loaves of bread today. I just sliced myself a sample and oooooh my is it good! The wheat sprouts still add some texture but they're not tooth-crackingly hard, and the bread is nice and chewy (not sure if it's because of the sprouts or the fact that I used apple sauce for the sweetening and part of the liquid). I just started soaking some flax seed to try sprouting that, too.