Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A really good chocolate cake recipe

Master K turned 15 yesterday! We made him a chocolate layer cake. The recipe I chose was Black Magic Cake, which I found on allrecipes.com but which probably originally came from Hershey's. The batter is frighteningly thin but the cake turned out great. I think the addition of the coffee is what makes the difference.

For icing, I made this frosting, only after adding 2 tablespoons of milk as it said to, the icing was still a clumpy, dry mess. I added some more cold coffee to thin it and to echo the coffee in the cake. I'll do that again for sure.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

Happy belated b/d wishes to Mr. K.

The cake sounds yummy. My niece made a chocolate cake once with coffee ... but she added coffee grounds (oh, my!) What a texture to bite into, blech.