Friday, September 18, 2009

The Strange Case of the Disappearing Blogger


I have not been loving my blog as I should. But I have posted over at The Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf blog and invite you to go have a look over there. The Sisterhood was started by a friend and former Palmdale neighbor of mine, Mrs. Mac. Their first project was to pass a scarf around amongst their members. Everybody was asked to take the scarf on an outing to show what life is like in their part of the world. (I think. I didn't join that project and wasn't paying very close attention.) This year's project is the Traveling Apron. Each of us gets the Apron for a week. During that time, we are to share how we cook in our home and in our part of the planet, along with a few recipes. Nothing fancy, just what we do all the time.

It's been a fun challenge because while I started the week thinking of myself as a pretty boring cook, as I paid closer attention to what we do around here, I realized we are interesting in our own way. We love cheap, that's for sure, and so during the summer we are eating out of our garden as much as we can. And I rely upon tried and true recipes without a lot of brave innovation. Most of what I cook is the same stuff I cooked last year, or 5 years ago, with adjustments made for finances and having moved 45 minutes away from the nearest grocery store.

My week with the Apron is nearly concluded, and I'm waiting to hear to which Sister I am to send it next. We're allowed to include a little note or card with the Apron package and I am hoping to stretch that to include a little bit of real saffron for the next Sister in line.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

OOOh, real saffron going to the next sister, .. ahem, I think it's my turn again ;) BTW I buy saffron from Trader Joe's and live six hours from the place .. just a hint to anyone that cares ;)