Thursday, December 09, 2010

Listening to one of my favorite Christmas albums

I needed some Christmas cheer while urging my surly family out the door this morning to their respective schools, so I put on one of my very favorite Christmas CDs. And I rediscovered the beautiful "There Are Angels Hovering 'Round." Such a lovely, simple song. I found several versions of the lyrics on line, but here they are as on this CD:
There are angels hovering 'round.
There are angels hovering 'round.
There are angels, angels hovering 'round.

To sing in harmony.
To sing in harmony.
To sing, to sing in harmony.

The shepherds on their knees,
The shepherds on their knees,
The shepherds, shepherds on their knees.

The Child in her arms,
The Child in her arms,
The Child, the Child in her arms.

Oh world without end,
Oh world without end.
Oh world, oh world without end.

There are angels hovering 'round.
There are angels hovering 'round.
There are angels, angels hovering 'round.
I especially like that fifth verse.

Quote from another track:
Norwegian bachelor farmers. They don't reproduce. Why are there still so many of them?

By the way, when I went to add that Amazon link, I was amazed to find out how expensive the CD is now. Buy the MP3 if you want a copy for yourself, it's much more affordable. Oh, and you can preview the tracks, so listen to this pretty song for yourself. :)

No comments: