Friday, October 17, 2008

Finished by Friday: Wine Bottle Covers to Hide our Cheap Wine



We're about to head up to my parents' house for the weekend. We're taking along some cheap (really, REALLY cheap) wine and some Martinelli's sparkling cider because my parents and we will probably spend part of Saturday afternoon visiting sukkot. My parents are members of Beth Immanuel Sabbath Fellowship in Hudson, Wisconsin, and this is Sukkot, so many of the families in the area will have "open sukka" this weekend, and we'll probably be sukka-hopping. I am not sure anybody will want our wine, as it is not marked kosher. There are varying opinions on how kosher one must be in that church. But the cider is definitely parve.

The bags are made of fall leaf printed fabric and are simple bags with a tie around the neck (the tie is stitched into the seam so it doesn't get lost). I'm hoping they will look nice enough to turn everyone's attention from the rotgut vino they will contain.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Great gift idea! Also, what a wonderful way to use up a stash of fabric.

Mrs. Mac said...

Rotgut so cleverly disguised will get rave reviews ... kosher or not!

Connie said...

I love it! Did you use a pattern or just sew on the fly?

Amrita said...

Hope you had a nice time.

Pardon my asking do you belong to the Messianic Jew community ir just celebrating.

Maria Stahl said...

Amrita, no, we don't. My parents and my sister do, however.