Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dawn dish soap to the rescue

I showed you how eaten up our cabbages were getting in this post. I was washing out 7-gallon plastic jugs that had once contained cooking oil using Dawn dishwashing detergent to cut the oil, and got to looking at those cabbages, and in total disgust, dumped the oily, Dawn-y suds on the cabbages.

Guess what? Whatever was eating them, is gone! And the cabbages are doing okay! All but 2, which seemed not able to rebound and start to make a head. So I yanked those two out and the others are doing quite well.

Kieffer has a new job. He is now a CNA at Thornton Manor Nursing Home, the same place where Britta worked for 5 years, then Barry worked too. There's another Stahl there, too, Emily, one of Kieffer's classmates (a very distant relative possibly).

6 comments:

kw said...

There is something simply beautiful about teenagers that work. I'm not experiencing the beauty but I know it exists....ENJOY! You deserve it....

Mrs. Mac said...

my flowerbeds always bloomed and bloomed whenever I 'fed' them the dirty floor wash water .. I used murphy's oil soap (LOL)

Good for Kieffer working!

Catherine said...

I admire your family. A CNA`s job is hard work and caring people are hard to find. You raised good children.

Catherine said...

Maybe I should try the Dawn on my pepper plants. Lots of new bugs this year. No bees or butterflies however.

Unknown said...

Wow that's a new one (to me) Good old Dawn lol

Maria Stahl said...

Dawn. There's NOTHING it cannot do. :)