It's been a long time since I published one of these! That's because of the things that were getting finished, I wasn't the one doing the work, and I couldn't really claim them. Anyway, now that the kitchen is basically put together, with just finish work remaining, it was time to get out a Wilendur strawberry tablecloth I had been saving for years, and make 1) curtains for the cabinet underneath the sink and 2) roller shades for the window.
Here's the curtain beneath the sink.
I love those old heavy cotton printed tablecloths. They are very substantial and the colors last and last. You almost have to try to get them to fade.
For the backing of the roller shades, I used Pellon Decor Bond fusible heavyweight interfacing. The best price I found was on eBay. This is an iron-on product that stiffens the shade and lines it simultaneously. It was pretty easy to handle, though it did not want to fuse without a LOT of heat. Thankfully the tablecloth could take it.
The red with white print is discontinued and I wish I had bought more of it.