Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday's Apron: A Little Yellow Gingham Apron for E









I made this child-sized apron out of a piece of yellow gingham plaid that I had in my stash, plus some vintage yellow rick-rack that my mother had given me a long time ago. I have been happily drawing on Mom's stash of vintage rick-rack for several years now -- it's so much fun! This little apron with pocket was a gift for my niece, E. The family got to see her last month and hand delivered it to her.

I used an inset of rickrack to hold the body of the apron to the hem section. It looks like perforated paper but should be sturdy enough for a little girl to wear to play. My niece is a great one for pretending.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful apron. Gingham is my favorite apron fabric and that yellow rickrack is sweet.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I love the rick-rack detail on this!