Saturday, January 24, 2009

Old Enough to Date

My friend Lisa Fruitful and I were discussing our teens (again) a couple of days ago, and the conversation got around to when we allowed them to start going out on dates. She told me that their rule has been, their children are not allowed to date until they have been confirmed in the faith. This makes all kinds of sense to me. The Fruitfuls are emphasizing to their kids that before you make choices about relationships, you had better make a decision about your faith and about your relationship with your Savior.

I like this so much better than our not-till-you-turn-16-missy! rule.

1 comment:

Ollie said...

This is a good rule. I just came home from an all girls retreat out at VCBC, and our speaker talked about dating, and how do do it in a Godly way. She says the key to that is finding contentment in the Lord above all, and then letting Him choose someone for you. And I have to say, I really like that, knowing that my future, and who I am to date is up to God. And it's also brought me closer to God.