Thursday, June 02, 2011

A quick post

Lovely weather, finally. Birds nesting like crazy, things growing. My potatoes in their barrels are growing healthy and strong. I feel bad every time I bury them in dirt and make them grow again. Potato guilt.

I'm going to get back to work now after a fun supper cooked out at the fire pit: Johnsonville Turkey and Cheddar brats on buns, with toasted marshmallows for dessert. A neighbor gave us a bunch of wood scraps, mostly hardwood, from his carpentry work, and it made a small, hot, quick fire that was ready to cook on within minutes.

Found a baby bird dead in the grass by the pond this evening. Not sure what kind it is; it's big, quite a bit bigger than a robin of the same age. Poor little mite.

I thought having little children, toddlers, babies, preschoolers, was exhausting. I had no idea what life would be like with these wonderful teenagers those babies grew into. I'm perpetually exhausted, it seems. I can only look with wonder on their energy and try not to get left too far behind.

Oh, and I temporarily deactivated my Facebook account, on the very slim chance that anyone noticed. We limit the amount of time the kids spend on Facebook, and I realized I was not holding myself to the same standards. It's not permanent, it's just till I can be certain I am not abusing it.

7 comments:

Jen (emsun.org) said...

I'm definitely slouched on the couch with a beer. ;)

Felisol said...

Dear Maria,
You are spreading smile and sunshine with your "quick post".
I think it helped the sun coming through the thick layer of clouds, fog and ashes that have surrounded us for three weeks now.
Time to make a garden report from Norway as well..

How blessed are these days coming and going like pearls on a string, nothing much, but the wonderful life itself happening.
From Felisol

Mrs. Mac said...

I so wanted to click 'like' to a few of your statements .. enjoy your FB free days .. take cat naps it helps in managing teenagers :)

wrstahl said...

please get back on soon. can't remember to communicate anymore - need fb - LOL

wrstahl said...

Dear Maria -

Please get back on FB soon.
Can't remember how to communicate anymore w/o it. LOL

Love you,
Ro

Connie said...

I miss you on FB. That's all I'm saying.

Kelly Fraughton said...

I miss you on FB too, my friend. Hope you drop in to visit now and again.