Friday, June 27, 2008

Finished by Friday: A Vintage Lawn Chair Gets a New Seat

Remember the 3 old lawn chairs I bought at the Syttende Mai sales? I just replaced the fabric on one of them. It's technically kind of a cheater's Finished by Friday, since only one chair is done so far, but hey.

Wal-Mart had this printed cotton duck. It looks quite like awning striped canvas except that it's just printed, not yarn dyed, so only one side looks good. I doubled the fabric so that the unprinted side never shows, and that did the trick.


1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

Nice re-do! I like extra chairs that fold flat for storage. Hubby did a 'finished by Wednesday' job down in our storage room ... even organized all of my soon to be used canning jars and equipment :) Whats going to the garage sale pile: A 1966 Magnus Electric Organ (child size including original music book) ... (I've dragged it around forever ... a gift from my grandparents that cost $50 back when they purchased it) Misc. pictures (K. Elizabeth snatched them for her new home) ... always good to organize and purge the recesses of the basement. Maybe I should go write a post on my own blog, ya think ;)