Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Irwin Baby Gets a Quiltie



I'm in the process of sorting and moving my sewing stuff to our front porch. In the process, I'm finding all kinds of wonderful things that I had forgotten I had! Yesterday's find was a baggie full of tiny fabric samples, all about an inch square or rectangular, none the same. I'm talking dozens, maybe hundreds, of different fabrics. Just little tastes of deliciousness.

I yanked out a handful of juvenile prints samples and, since work is usually a little slow on Monday mornings, I sewed them up into a wee little quilt for this poor vintage plastic Irwin baby. It's about 6 inches square. Note my horrible attempt at machine stipple quilting. It's one of those things I know I must learn, but am not picking up successfully at all.

Little Irwin Baby still needs some clothes. He is wearing a borrowed crocheted panty but he thinks it makes him look like a baby girl, and he wants everyone to know that he is a boy. (Plus I backed his quilt with pink flannel, and that made things worse.) I need to find someone who can crochet him his own little outfit to keep him warm. In the meantime, he has his quiltie.

No comments: